Executive Director, Job Description
Job Title: Executive Director Status: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Reports to: CDBF Board of Directors Supervises: Not applicable at this time
Job Summary: The Executive Director of the Cody Dieruf Benefit Foundation (CDBF) is selected by and reports directly to the CDBF Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for managing and directing CDBF programs, personnel, and contractual relationships in accord with its organizational mission, goals, and operational policies.
The Executive Director is an integral part of the CDBF team and shall maintain a high degree of knowledge, discretion, and judgment in the non-profit field. The Executive Director shall be primarily responsible for the coordination of the CDBF fundraising and networking, for planning and implementing annual and long-term goals, and for envisioning and implementing programs designed to generate charitable support and awareness.
1. Define, implement, and manage programs that develop and enhance the three main priorities of the CDBF, which include: a. Assistance with payment of out-of-pocket medical-related expenses, including but not limited to providing the means to obtain specialty care;
b. Scholarships to encourage and fund recreation and fitness; and
c. The Mothers’ Retreat for mothers of children with cystic fibrosis.
2. Work closely with the Board of Directors to develop strategies for building charitable revenue through a variety of means including major gifts, corporate sponsorships, special events, direct mail, mass email, and social media.
3. Identify and build relationships with CDBF families, update families via e-news or email, and engage the families in appropriate events and services.
4. Intake, manage, track, and pay funding requests made by CDBF families, and obtain Board approval for payment where necessary in compliance with CDBF policies.
5. Develop partnerships with other relevant groups or associations, as appropriate, to implement and grow CDBF services and programs.
6. Facilitate, cultivate, solicit, and steward CDBF donors.
7. Develop and oversee the preparation of CDBF correspondence and reports to donors and significant partners.
8. Seek and develop opportunities to speak at clubs and conferences, attend community and other appropriate meetings, and otherwise promote the CDBF while utilizing Ginny and George Dieruf as the face and voice of the CDBF.
9. Manage and execute the annual giving campaign, including preparation and distribution of necessary written materials.
10. Reach and exceed pre-set financial goals through coordination and oversight of at least one annual major fundraising event.
11. Identify and oversee volunteers at CDBF events and fundraising programs.
12. Plan, coordinate and execute the Mothers’ Retreat.
13. Investigate, identity, prepare, and oversee the writing of applicable grants.
14. Develop and implement a public relations plan for social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linked-In.
15. Track and monitor all financial giving utilizing the Boomerang Software Program for data entry and reporting, and work closely with the CDBF accountant and CDBF Treasurer regarding all CDBF funds.
16. Manage the CDBF office, including but not limited to ensuring all bills, mail, email, and other issues affecting the well-being of the CDBF are addressed and answered properly and in a timely manner.
17. Meet monthly with the Board of Directors to review progress with regard to the CDBF operational plan, program activities, fundraising, CDBF families, and other priority areas of the organization for which the Board requests updates.
18. Provide updates to the Board of Directors between board meetings, as may be required by the circumstances.
19. Engage in regular, informal, and formative feedback and performance evaluation with the Board of Directors.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to CDBF board member Jackie Sather, firstname.lastname@example.org
The above job description is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of the Executive Director as is currently recognized by the CDBF Board of Directors. Job duties and expectations may be modified as required.